There are some sideloader daily checks that are essential to the smooth and safe operation of a sideloader in any industry. Regular maintenance will ensure you get the most efficient operation and a sideloader that is reliable for much longer.
Operator training for sideloaders in timber, steel or other industrial operations is essential to ensure the safety of the operator and those around them. Sideloaders are large, powerful machines that can pose a serious threat if not maintained correctly.
What Daily Checks Should A Sideloader Operator Make?
When it comes to checking the sideloader is fit for purpose, lights, horns, seatbelts, door interlocks, handbrakes and other safety features should be assessed regularly. This will all be demonstrated at the operator training your team received.
At the beginning of each work period, check the condition of the electric cables for breakages or incisions and for excessive wear of the coverings.
Take additional care around the interior engine bay. If you see or suspect any damaged cables report it immediately and do not start the truck. This is crucial, not only for the safety of your team, but also for the longevity of the sideloader.
At the end of each work period ALWAYS disconnect the battery main switch. The control units need a certain amount of time to store operating parameters before being disconnected from the power supply. Your operator manual will give you all the specific details for your model of Baumann Sideloader.
Below we have detailed all the sideloader daily and weekly checks, plus an additional maintenance list depending on how you use your truck and how often you clean it.
Maintenance depending on use:
- Lubricate all greasing points after washing.
- Keep the cab floor clean.
- Keep the pedal sector free.
- Clean and dry using compressed air.
- Grease the chain guides and support rollers
- Grease the guides and the friction blocks.
- Clean the radiator and covers.
- If necessary clean the radiator using a soft toothed brush
Daily checks to perform also include:
• General functions test
• Check hydraulic oil level
• Check for leaks in the hydraulic plant
• Check the state of the motor
• Look for external damage
• Check functionality of braking system
Weekly checks include
• Check battery acid level
• Check hydraulic pipes cutting points
• General cleaning of the truck
• Visual check of the lifting unit and loading forks
Periodic checks allow the sideloader to remain in perfect safety conditions, and greatly increase a truck’s lifespan.
If you would like to know more about the lifespan of a Baumann Sideloader or browse our product range, get in touch with us. You can find all our contact details here.